Topcon announces launch of SGISfarm Software
The introduction of Topcon's new SGISfarm software at recent farm shows has been met with great interest.
Featured at World Ag Expo, Tulare, Calif.; National Farm Machinery Show, Louisville, Ky.; and the Commodity Classic, Nashville, Tenn., SGISfarm is Topcon Precision Agriculture's (TPA) newest entry in the agriculture information market.
SGISfarm, the latest addition to the Topcon precision agriculture product lineup, is designed to provide a comprehensive software solution to add value to TPA's precision farming hardware products. It generated great interest from growers at all of the farm shows for its ease of use by farm owners and operators on their office computers.
Ray O'Connor, president and CEO of Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) said, "This new software designed for the professional farmer is another step in filling out the Topcon agriculture product portfolio in order to provide complete solutions for precision farming.
"Thanks to continuing research and development of new products and software like SGISfarm, our precision agriculture business unit is up approximately 200 percent from the previous year and around 750 percent since the acquisition of Kee Technologies in late 2006. The agriculture market is a great extension to our core machine control technologies and we see this business unit as a key component for our future."
- CF Industries terminates merger discussions with Yara Intl.
- Abengoa celebrates grand opening of its first biofuels plant
- NAWG calls for more biotech wheat research
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Take That, Red Baron
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Offshore wind farms are the future, says Statkraft CEO
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals