The crop insurance ball now in your court
I need help #1. The Payment Calculator estimates premiums for alternatives at each coverage election, and then calculates the expected frequency of payments, average payments, net costs, and risk reductions associated with alternative crop insurance products and election levels in an easily understood format. Enter your county, crop, & unit.
I need help #2. The Premium Calculator provides premiums that are useful when making crop insurance decisions for multiple crops. Enter your county, crop & APH level.
I need help #3. The Decision Tool has 4 components. The first computes farmer-paid premiums for different user-entered parameters. A "what-if" tool calculates insurance payments for user-supplied prices and yields. A history of insurance payments and premiums can be found in the "Historical Analysis" section. The tool also allows comparison of farm yields to county yields. You will need MS Office 2003 or newer to download this tool.
The crop insurance decision season is here, with the deadline of March 15 for either enrolling for the first time or making some change from last year. With the declining values of the spring guarantee throughout the month of February, the average of $5.65 for corn and $12.87 for soybeans may be higher than the harvest prices say specialists. Decision tools are available to guide users through the decision-making process.
Source: FarmGate blog
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Earth can sustain more plant growth than previously thought
- Bayer CropScience highlights upcoming farming innovations
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting