The Climate Corporation begins unified offering for growers
The Climate Corporation announced during the Precision Planting Winter Conference in Tremont, Ill., the first step toward integrating its leading decision support tools, Climate Basic and Climate Pro, with Precision Planting’s leading hardware and software products to better help farmers optimize production. In addition to a unified account and data service, promotional offers of Climate and Precision Planting products and services will enable growers to drive more yield from their field through better monitoring, insights and control of production decisions. The promotional offers will be available starting February 3, through Precision Planting dealers and Climate Pro partners.
“We aim to enable greater agricultural productivity through the combination of industry-leading hardware, software and services, and are taking a unique approach with pricing to ensure more farmers have access to these revolutionary capabilities,” said David Friedberg, CEO of The Climate Corporation. “This is just the first step in our effort to simplify how farmers can make technology from soil to cab work for them in a way that delivers tremendous value with real-time, actionable insights and execution capabilities delivered via a single service offering, accessible anywhere and on any device.”
Farmers now have a unified offering to help increase their profits and make more informed production decisions. They will be able to:
- Make minute-by-minute and daily decisions based on real-time, accurate weather, soil, crop and equipment performance that’s at their fingertips
- Respond quickly and correctly to changing weather and field conditions
- Anticipate yield-reducing agronomic issues
- Seamlessly integrate data and access it across multiple devices, equipment and operation
- Automatically integrate equipment, soil, weather, crop, agronomic practices, field boundaries, as-planted dates, as-harvested dates as well as report summaries for FSA or crop insurance reporting
This new offering from The Climate Corporation will make it easier for farmers to start combining Precision Planting hardware and software along with Climate Basic and Climate Pro by reducing the upfront cost of cab equipment by as much as 90 percent. Farmers will have a limited time option to purchase a subscription that starts at just $499/year.
To deliver on the vision of offering farmers a well-integrated precision ag platform, Monsanto Company’s Integrated Farming Systems and Precision Planting groups have recently transitioned to The Climate Corporation, led by Friedberg, who reports directly to Brett Begemann, Monsanto’s President and Chief Operating Officer. This transition enables Climate to provide a unified service to help farmers increase their profits regardless of which brand of equipment, seed or other inputs they rely on.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta