The Andersons to acquire Mt. Pulaski Products
The Andersons Inc. signed a definitive agreement to purchase substantially all of the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC. The transaction, which remains subject to certain conditions, is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter.
"This acquisition aligns with our growth strategies for our cob products business," says CEO Mike Anderson. "We will be doubling our raw cob supply which enables us to enhance the service to our existing customers and expand our presence in the higher value segments of this business."
If acquired, the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC, will operate within The Andersons Turf & Specialty Group, Cob Division.
"These two facilities are ideally positioned in the center of Illinois seed corn production areas with freight and logistical benefits," says Tom Waggoner, president, Turf & Specialty Group. "The combination of these mills with our existing mill in Delphi, Indiana, enables us to optimize capacity as well as enhance service to our customers. We will be the sole cob processor and product manufacturer in the industry with multiple mills."
- Syngenta global cereals collaborations hit home
- DuPont Pioneer continues support of agriscience education
- New study highlights need for increased innovation
- Water ‘thermostat’ could help engineer drought-resistant crops
- Bayer CropScience expands Bayer SeedGrowth Centers
- Rising Black Sea tensions are supporting the crop markets
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting