The Andersons to acquire Mt. Pulaski Products
The Andersons Inc. signed a definitive agreement to purchase substantially all of the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC. The transaction, which remains subject to certain conditions, is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter.
"This acquisition aligns with our growth strategies for our cob products business," says CEO Mike Anderson. "We will be doubling our raw cob supply which enables us to enhance the service to our existing customers and expand our presence in the higher value segments of this business."
If acquired, the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC, will operate within The Andersons Turf & Specialty Group, Cob Division.
"These two facilities are ideally positioned in the center of Illinois seed corn production areas with freight and logistical benefits," says Tom Waggoner, president, Turf & Specialty Group. "The combination of these mills with our existing mill in Delphi, Indiana, enables us to optimize capacity as well as enhance service to our customers. We will be the sole cob processor and product manufacturer in the industry with multiple mills."
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America