The Andersons to acquire Mt. Pulaski Products
The Andersons Inc. signed a definitive agreement to purchase substantially all of the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC. The transaction, which remains subject to certain conditions, is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter.
"This acquisition aligns with our growth strategies for our cob products business," says CEO Mike Anderson. "We will be doubling our raw cob supply which enables us to enhance the service to our existing customers and expand our presence in the higher value segments of this business."
If acquired, the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC, will operate within The Andersons Turf & Specialty Group, Cob Division.
"These two facilities are ideally positioned in the center of Illinois seed corn production areas with freight and logistical benefits," says Tom Waggoner, president, Turf & Specialty Group. "The combination of these mills with our existing mill in Delphi, Indiana, enables us to optimize capacity as well as enhance service to our customers. We will be the sole cob processor and product manufacturer in the industry with multiple mills."
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?