The Andersons to acquire Mt. Pulaski Products
The Andersons Inc. signed a definitive agreement to purchase substantially all of the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC. The transaction, which remains subject to certain conditions, is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter.
"This acquisition aligns with our growth strategies for our cob products business," says CEO Mike Anderson. "We will be doubling our raw cob supply which enables us to enhance the service to our existing customers and expand our presence in the higher value segments of this business."
If acquired, the assets of Mt. Pulaski Products LLC, will operate within The Andersons Turf & Specialty Group, Cob Division.
"These two facilities are ideally positioned in the center of Illinois seed corn production areas with freight and logistical benefits," says Tom Waggoner, president, Turf & Specialty Group. "The combination of these mills with our existing mill in Delphi, Indiana, enables us to optimize capacity as well as enhance service to our customers. We will be the sole cob processor and product manufacturer in the industry with multiple mills."
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement