The Andersons finalizes purchase of Cycle Group, Inc.
The Andersons, Inc. has purchased the assets of the granulation manufacturer Cycle Group, Inc.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Turf & Specialty Group’s granulation business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” says CEO Mike Anderson. “In addition, we will be increasing our production and distribution capabilities, obtaining intellectual property and expanding our presence in the high-value markets of the granular business.”
The purchase includes a modern facility in Mocksville, North Carolina, capable of producing 22,000 tons of granulated products with a workforce of 12 employees. In addition, The Andersons will assume and market the Cycle Group’s EcoGranule brand.
“This acquisition supports our growth strategies for our premium granulation business and provides the potential for further product production in the future,” says Tom Waggoner, President, Turf & Specialty Group. “Cycle Group’s reputation for producing a high-quality, patented product in an environmentally safe manner is a good fit for us.”
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Know your enemy: The importance of weed identification
- Most Texas farmers have corn in the ground
- Mosaic to acquire ADM's Brazil, Paraguay fertilizer business
- Agriculture gives unmanned aerial vehicles a new purpose
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants