The Andersons finalizes purchase of Cycle Group, Inc.
The Andersons, Inc. has purchased the assets of the granulation manufacturer Cycle Group, Inc.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Turf & Specialty Group’s granulation business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” says CEO Mike Anderson. “In addition, we will be increasing our production and distribution capabilities, obtaining intellectual property and expanding our presence in the high-value markets of the granular business.”
The purchase includes a modern facility in Mocksville, North Carolina, capable of producing 22,000 tons of granulated products with a workforce of 12 employees. In addition, The Andersons will assume and market the Cycle Group’s EcoGranule brand.
“This acquisition supports our growth strategies for our premium granulation business and provides the potential for further product production in the future,” says Tom Waggoner, President, Turf & Specialty Group. “Cycle Group’s reputation for producing a high-quality, patented product in an environmentally safe manner is a good fit for us.”
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals