The Andersons acquires railcar repair company
The Andersons, Inc. has entered into an agreement to acquire Mile Rail, LLC, a railcar repair and cleaning provider headquartered in Kansas City, Mo.
"This acquisition enhances and complements The Andersons current railcar repair network by expanding our geographical footprint and business mix," says CEO Mike Anderson. "In addition, Mile Rail has an experienced and talented workforce with a similar commitment to providing extraordinary customer service."
Mile Rail repairs and cleans virtually all types of railcars containing a comprehensive range of non-hazardous, hazardous and food-grade products and wastes from its headquarters in Kansas City and its three satellite locations in Nebraska, Kansas and Indiana. The firm maintains a central Midwest footprint with its mobile units as well.
"The acquisition of Mile Rail will expand our capabilities to include tank car repair, for which there is a need for additional capacity in the industry, and is expected to increase our railcar repair revenue by 25 percent," explains Rasesh Shah, president of The Andersons' Rail Group. "In addition, with the growth of our fleet, as well as the geographic diversity of our customers, it was becoming strategically important for us to add a second, full-service facility centrally located in the U.S."
Glen Schwartz, Mile Rail's President, says, "Joining The Andersons represents a tremendous opportunity for both our clients and employees. I look forward to continued growth while continuing to exceed our customers' expectations."
The acquisition, which remains subject to certain customary closing conditions, is expected to be finalized in the third quarter.
The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company conducts business across North America in the grain, ethanol, and plant nutrient sectors, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.