Tessenderlo expands capacity of liquid sulfur-based fertilizers
Tessenderlo Group announced that its subsidiary Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) will construct a production facility at Hanford, Calif., and, at the same time, optimize its Fresno, Calif., facility. Both plants will produce thiosulfate fertilizers.
"This expansion allows TKI to better serve its customers’ increasing requirements in the Western region of the U.S.," stated TKI’s CEO Jordan Burns. "The extra production capacity, available in the second half of 2014, will enforce TKI’s position as the leading supplier of KTS and CaTs fertilizers."
The thiosulfate products KTS® (potassium thiosulfate solution) and CaTs® (calcium thiosulfate solution) are sulfur-based liquid specialty fertilizers that can be applied to a wide variety of crops such as grapes, nuts and vegetables.
The new Hanford facility and optimized Fresno plant are in line with Tessenderlo Group’s intentions to develop its core businesses in agriculture.
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California
- Nutrient removal rates by grain crops