THE big Super Bowl surprise
There was an unexpected 35-minute delay in the game due to a power outage. There was a dramatic last-minute attempt by the San Francisco 49ers to win the game.
Then, there was a Dodge Ram commercial that paid tribute to farmers.
The late broadcasting legend Paul Harvey narrated:
“And, on the eighth day, God looked down on His planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker,’ so God made a farmer.
“God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board,' so God made a farmer….”
Hear the entire narration in the video above.
After the ad appeared, several dairy farmers who are known as social media champions got on Facebook and thanked Dodge for the ad.
The ad appeared in the fourth quarter of the game.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?