THE big Super Bowl surprise
There was an unexpected 35-minute delay in the game due to a power outage. There was a dramatic last-minute attempt by the San Francisco 49ers to win the game.
Then, there was a Dodge Ram commercial that paid tribute to farmers.
The late broadcasting legend Paul Harvey narrated:
“And, on the eighth day, God looked down on His planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker,’ so God made a farmer.
“God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board,' so God made a farmer….”
Hear the entire narration in the video above.
After the ad appeared, several dairy farmers who are known as social media champions got on Facebook and thanked Dodge for the ad.
The ad appeared in the fourth quarter of the game.
- EIA expects global oil consumption to grow in 2014
- Soy, wheat markets surged Tuesday
- Work underway to improve malting barley quality
- Commentary: Water police, part two: EPA proposal won't help ag
- Ukraine-Russia situation apparently boosted wheat futures again
- New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants