THE big Super Bowl surprise
There was an unexpected 35-minute delay in the game due to a power outage. There was a dramatic last-minute attempt by the San Francisco 49ers to win the game.
Then, there was a Dodge Ram commercial that paid tribute to farmers.
The late broadcasting legend Paul Harvey narrated:
“And, on the eighth day, God looked down on His planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker,’ so God made a farmer.
“God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board,' so God made a farmer….”
Hear the entire narration in the video above.
After the ad appeared, several dairy farmers who are known as social media champions got on Facebook and thanked Dodge for the ad.
The ad appeared in the fourth quarter of the game.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement