TFI names 2014 4R Advocate Award winners
The Fertilizer Institute (TFI) announced the winners of the 2014 4R Advocate Awards. The 4R Advocate Award program, now in its third year, recognizes on-farm stewardship actions. Winners are selected based on their actions to protect the environment, boost profitability and benefit society through nutrient stewardship practices based on the 4Rs (using the right nutrient source, at the right rate, at the right time and in the right place). Winners were nominated by their retail dealers who are also recognized with 4R awards. The 2014 winners are as follows:
• Clint Wortman of Jackson Wortman, LLC, in Quitman, Ga.; nominated by A.J. Radford of Crop Production Services in Moultrie, Ga.
• John Werries in Chapin, Ill.; nominated by Vern Bader of Bader Agricultural Services, Inc. in Meredosia, Ill.
• George Brand of Brand Dairy Farms in Waterloo, Ind.; nominated by Terry Bechman of The Andersons, Inc. in Waterloo, Ind.
• Dennis and Greg Iott of Iott Seed Farms, Inc. in Kalkaska, Mich.; nominated by Dale Dosenberry of Wilbur-Ellis in Edmore, Mich.
• Chris VonHolton of AgView FS in Walnut, Ill.; nominated by Malcolm Stambaugh of AgView FS in Walnut, Ill.
“These growers and their retailers are taking steps to establish sustainable cropping systems,” said TFI President Chris Jahn. “Their efforts need to be recognized by the agriculture community and by the broader public who consume what they produce. They are shining examples of the environmental, economic and social benefits of modern agriculture.”
Current and past 4R Advocates serve as spokespersons providing outreach to peers and stakeholders on fertilizer best management practices. The 4R Advocates speak from experience and bring on-farm knowledge when engaging with others.
The five winning growers, a spouse or companion and their winning retailers are awarded an expense-paid trip to the Commodity Classic, scheduled for Feb. 26 - March 1 in San Antonio, Texas. The Commodity Classic is the once-a-year, can't-miss event for America's soybean, corn, wheat and sorghum farmers. At the Classic, 4R Advocate winners will see the latest agricultural innovations first-hand, meet other growers and agricultural leaders from across the nation, and will be honored at an invitation-only banquet.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Asia-Pacific failing to save forests, grassland loss
- Silicon-rich CrossOver approved in 44 states
- Bird repellent for rice seed awarded Section 18 label in Arkansas
- Ag markets traded widely Wednesday
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday morning
- Draft EIS comment period closes with Enlist support
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Ports and River Receiving Systems