Syngenta to introduce new SCN seed treatment in 2014
The missing piece to soybean pest control – effective soybean cyst nematode (SCN) protection – will be available to Midwestern growers in 2014. Syngenta introduces Clariva Complete Beans nematicide/insecticide/fungicide, an on-seed application of separately registered products that adds a new nematicide to the broad spectrum seed treatment of CruiserMaxx Beans with Vibrance insecticide/fungicide. This soybean seed treatment combination protects against a broad spectrum of early-season insects and diseases, and offers season-long activity against SCN.
“The triple pest protection offered by Clariva Complete Beans provides soybeans with the opportunity to start the season strong so they can recognize their full yield potential,” said Wouter Berkhout, soybean product lead, Syngenta Seedcare. “Growers who have experienced SCN in their fields know how damaging it can be to their crops and their return on investment. Clariva Complete Beans offers a way for growers to combat this economically destructive pest.”
Annual losses of approximately $1.5 billion can be attributed to SCN infestations, which can increase the risk for disease in soybeans, such as sudden death syndrome, brown stem rot, Pythium and Phytophthora root rot.
Clariva Complete Beans includes the active ingredient Pasteuria nishizawae (P. nishizawae), which provides a direct mode of action on SCN. P. nishizawae is active from day one and reduces SCN feeding and reproduction, ultimately killing the pest. P. nishizawae remains in the root zone throughout the season to offer activity against SCN. Clariva Complete Beans will complement the use of SCN-resistant varieties and crop rotation, and help manage resistance.
“In addition to comprehensive pest protection, Clariva Complete Beans optimizes root health to deliver better plant emergence and stand, nutrient uptake and water usage, stress tolerance, and overall soybean performance,” said Berkhout. “Clariva Complete Beans completes the puzzle of soybean pest control.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation