Syngenta taking applications for 2014 Class of Resistance Fighter
Syngenta is accepting applications through Sept. 15, 2014 for the Resistance Fighter of the Year Leadership Program at www.resistancefighter.com. In its sixth year, the program is open to dedicated advisors who are passionate about helping growers manage resistance.
This year’s program reflects a wider range of challenges on farmsacross the U.S. “In the past, the Resistance Fighter of the Year Leadership Program focused solely on herbicide resistance management – but we recognize that growers must also think about potential resistance to other pests as well,” said Melissa Lord, Syngenta Communications Lead. “This year, we’ve expanded the program to include those advisors who have made significant efforts to help growers manage resistance to fungicides, insecticides and nematicides as well.”
County Extension agents, consultants and other agronomists who have successfully implemented resistance management practices with producers in their area are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. Program applicants should have an in-depth understanding of one or more types of resistance and work proactively to ensure grower success by implementing good stewardship practices and reducing the impact of resistant weeds, insects, diseases and nematodes.
“As a county Extension agent, being recognized as an expert in weed resistance management has positively impacted my career,” said Jeremy Kichler, 2009 Resistance Fighter of the Year winner. “I would tell a peer interested in applying for the Resistance Fighter of the Year Leadership Program that it’s a great opportunity to travel, learn, and interact with and develop networking opportunities with other experts in the industry. It will give you a great opportunity to advance and enrich your career.”
Visit www.resistancefighter.com to recommend an advisor or apply for the program. Applications will be accepted until Sept. 15, 2014.
For more information about the Resistance Fighter of the Year Leadership Program and to learn more about past winners, visit www.resistancefighter.com.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?