Syngenta launches “Know More, Grow More” resource
Syngenta is bringing the expertise of its more than 70 trained agronomists into the homes and hands of growers throughout the U.S. The company announced the launch of "Know More, Grow More," a comprehensive online resource providing growers a birds-eye view of what's happening across crops to aid management decisions.
Using their broad knowledge of crop scouting, agronomic insights, and production expertise, the full team of Syngenta agronomists will produce blog entries to help growers maximize their crops' potential.
Categorized by region, crop, and agronomic topic, the blog will be highly sortable for easy access to the most relevant information. A robust photo stream and regular videos round out the website to give growers an inside look at what's happening from crop fields to orchards.
"'Know More, Grow More' gives farmers a direct line to tap into the vast knowledge of our expert agronomy team," said Chris Cook, head of agronomy at Syngenta.
"Our intent is to keep growers abreast of what is happening in the fields, orchards, groves, and vineyards around them so they can use that knowledge to inform their farm management. Regardless of crop focus or location, growers will have access to the knowledge and insights from our agronomists across the country."
Farmers who log onto "Know More, Grow More" will find information such as:
· Harvest preparation tips
· Fall management recommendations
· Practices that extend the longevity of orchards
· Choosing the best seed varieties for each field
· Recommendations for herbicide, fungicide, and insecticide application timings
· Tips for scouting, nutrient management, and other production practices
· Preparing crops to minimize damage from anticipated storms
· Tracking the geographic spread of herbicide resistance
In addition to providing updates from the field, "Know More, Grow More" also will feature other agronomic resources, such as a database of Syngenta Performance Insight newsletters, Technical Recommendations, and Quick Reference Guides.
If a topic has not yet been addressed, site visitors are encouraged to use the contact form to submit their questions. Syngenta agronomists will cover the topic as soon as they are able.
"The name 'Know More, Grow More' was chosen for a reason," Cook said. "We believe that when equipped with the best agronomic knowledge, farmers will be able to maximize their yields. Our team is excited to start blogging and help them accomplish - and exceed - their goals."
"Know More, Grow More" is located at www.KnowMoreGrowMore.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.