Syngenta introduces CruiserMaxx alfalfa seed treatment
Growers evaluating alfalfa seed options for spring 2013 will also have new choices for on-seed protection with the introduction of CruiserMaxx Alfalfa, a seed treatment insecticide/fungicide combination of separately registered products from Syngenta. CruiserMaxx Alfalfa will be available initially on select varieties of NEXGROW brand alfalfa. The first insecticide/fungicide combination in the alfalfa market, CruiserMaxx Alfalfa combines the two fungicides Apron XL and Maxim 4FS with Cruiser Alfalfa insecticide to combat early-season diseases and insects in one application while simultaneously helping young alfalfa seedlings develop a productive, uniform stand.
"Early alfalfa development sets the tone for years of continuous crop growth and the opportunity to maximize genetic yield potential, making the first 90 days of crop development vital to success," said Chad Shelton, Seedcare product lead, Syngenta. "The active ingredients rapidly translocate throughout each plant, so growers increase their chances of obtaining a healthy, vigorous stand and higher-yielding crop from a single treatment. Plants show benefits from the powerful protection in CruiserMaxx Alfalfa."
Early-season insect and disease protection combines with the Cruiser Vigor Effect, provided by the thiamethoxam component in Cruiser, to help alfalfa crops develop stronger roots, use inputs more efficiently; emerge faster, and grow more evenly, even in the absence of insects.
"Syngenta offers a range of options to get alfalfa off to a robust start, including new CruiserMaxx Alfalfa, which helps establish a more vigorous stand and higher-quality yield potential in the crop," Shelton said. "CruiserMaxx Alfalfa delivers superior protection against yield-robbing diseases like Rhizoctonia, Pythium and Phytophthora, as well as insects like aphids and leafhoppers. By reducing leafhopper populations, CruiserMaxx Alfalfa is able to help reduce hopperburn, too," he added.
CruiserMaxx Alfalfa seed treatment enables growers to profit from the convenience of one application of separately registered products, which combine to deliver maximum seed germination and seedling emergence. To help ensure that every seed counts, CruiserMaxx Alfalfa arms growers with the ideal tool for attaining improved alfalfa quality and maximum yield potential.
NEXGROW alfalfa is managed by FGI and sold through existing Garst, Golden Harvest or NK brand alfalfa resellers.
- USDA chief expects 2014 biofuel use targets to rise
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- SDSU has precision ag minor because of fast changes
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Partnership to provide new bio-fertilizers
- Arysta LifeScience bio-products distribution in France
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America