Syngenta closes acquisition of DuPont Professional Products
Syngenta has closed the acquisition of the DuPont Professional Products insecticide business. As a result of this transaction, Syngenta now owns industry-leading insecticide brands Altriset, Advion, Arilon, Acelepryn, Calteryx and Provaunt. A number of DuPont Professional Products employees have also joined Syngenta.
“These key assets will provide the Lawn & Garden Turf and Landscape business with new offerings and capabilities to scale our business so that we can meet the needs of our growing customer base,” stated Tim Kroenke, head, Syngenta Lawn and Garden North America. “With the addition of these recognized brands, Syngenta can address critical customer needs in the professional turf and pest control markets with an expanded portfolio of industry-leading, proven technology.”
Scott Reasons, head, Turf & Landscape North America concurred. “The closing of the acquisition provides Syngenta with new capabilities to build upon our strong pest management heritage with next generation chemistry, and expand our leadership position in Turf. We are excited about the range of offerings and additional capabilities we can now provide our customers.”
In addition to targeting the professional turf and pest management markets, Syngenta will pursue adjacent market opportunities in ornamental horticulture and the consumer space. The closing price for the acquisition was $125 million.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning