Syngenta announces commencement of tender offer for Devgen
Devgen NV, Ghent, Belgium, the agro-biotech company that shapes the field of hybrid rice in India and Southeast Asia and innovates in crop protection technologies, hereby reports that Syngenta announced the commencement of its tender offer for all outstanding shares and warrants in Devgen.
Syngenta specified that the acceptance period for the tender offer opens on Nov. 14 and is scheduled to close on Dec. 5 at 16:00 (Central European Time). The results of the tender offer will be published on Dec. 12 and, if the offer is successful, settlement will take place on Dec. 17, 2012.
Devgen's board of directors unanimously supports the bid.
The board has issued a memorandum of reply whereby it provides its formal point of view on the bid and the prospectus document. The memorandum of reply forms part of the prospectus document and was approved, together with the prospectus document, by the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) on 8 November 2012.
The prospectus document, including Devgen's memorandum of reply, is available at no cost at the counters of the receiving and paying agent bank, KBC Bank NV or KBC Securities NV (or via +32 (0)3 283 29 70).
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?