Syngenta announces commencement of tender offer for Devgen
Devgen NV, Ghent, Belgium, the agro-biotech company that shapes the field of hybrid rice in India and Southeast Asia and innovates in crop protection technologies, hereby reports that Syngenta announced the commencement of its tender offer for all outstanding shares and warrants in Devgen.
Syngenta specified that the acceptance period for the tender offer opens on Nov. 14 and is scheduled to close on Dec. 5 at 16:00 (Central European Time). The results of the tender offer will be published on Dec. 12 and, if the offer is successful, settlement will take place on Dec. 17, 2012.
Devgen's board of directors unanimously supports the bid.
The board has issued a memorandum of reply whereby it provides its formal point of view on the bid and the prospectus document. The memorandum of reply forms part of the prospectus document and was approved, together with the prospectus document, by the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) on 8 November 2012.
The prospectus document, including Devgen's memorandum of reply, is available at no cost at the counters of the receiving and paying agent bank, KBC Bank NV or KBC Securities NV (or via +32 (0)3 283 29 70).
- Woman arrested in seed theft case released on bond
- Mosaic to halt muriate of potash output in New Mexico
- Dow Chemical adds more assets to "for sale" list
- U.S. farmers resort to giant storage bags to avoid cheap sales
- Fafinski Mark & Johnson launches UAS practice group
- Most ag markets are higher, but hog futures are tumbling Thursday