Syngenta announces commencement of tender offer for Devgen
Devgen NV, Ghent, Belgium, the agro-biotech company that shapes the field of hybrid rice in India and Southeast Asia and innovates in crop protection technologies, hereby reports that Syngenta announced the commencement of its tender offer for all outstanding shares and warrants in Devgen.
Syngenta specified that the acceptance period for the tender offer opens on Nov. 14 and is scheduled to close on Dec. 5 at 16:00 (Central European Time). The results of the tender offer will be published on Dec. 12 and, if the offer is successful, settlement will take place on Dec. 17, 2012.
Devgen's board of directors unanimously supports the bid.
The board has issued a memorandum of reply whereby it provides its formal point of view on the bid and the prospectus document. The memorandum of reply forms part of the prospectus document and was approved, together with the prospectus document, by the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) on 8 November 2012.
The prospectus document, including Devgen's memorandum of reply, is available at no cost at the counters of the receiving and paying agent bank, KBC Bank NV or KBC Securities NV (or via +32 (0)3 283 29 70).
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease