Syngenta and DuPont to launch new fungicides
Syngenta and DuPont announced technology licensing agreements that will broaden each company's crop protection product portfolio and enable both to bring new products to market more efficiently.
Syngenta has obtained a global license from DuPont to develop products containing DuPont's fungicide oxathiapiprolin. The development of this new piperidinyl thiazole isoxazoline class of fungicides represents a significant improvement for growers in the control of diseases in potatoes, grapes, vegetables and other specialty crops.
Under the agreements, Syngenta receives exclusive rights for foliar and soil uses on all crops in North America and for lawn and garden uses globally. Syngenta also secures rights on certain crops for seed treatment globally and for the development of foliar and soil uses on certain crops outside of North America.
The agreement gives DuPont exclusive access to Syngenta's Solatenol for mixture with DuPont's picoxystrobin fungicide on soybean and other crops in Brazil. Solatenol is a new benz-pyrazole SDHI fungicide which brings a new mode of action with no cross-resistance to existing fungicides. It offers outstanding and long-lasting control of Asian rust in soybean.
"These agreements again demonstrate DuPont Crop Protection's commitment to our customers by collaborating to deliver innovative products from our robust pipeline while always focusing on sustainability and maximizing shareholder value," said Rik Miller, president DuPont Crop Protection. "This decision enables DuPont to provide solutions that will help our customers improve their productivity and profitability now and in the future."
Syngenta's Chief Operating Officer John Atkin said: "Access to oxathiapiprolin will further broaden our world-leading fungicide portfolio. Diverse modes of action are critical for disease control and to sustain the lifecycle of existing products in the face of resistance challenges. We are also pleased that this agreement will contribute to maximizing the market coverage of Solatenol in Brazil."
The transaction is subject to approvals from applicable regulatory authorities. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Junge Control Inc.