Survey finds 5.4% decline in Iowa farmland values
The Iowa Farm & Land Chapter #2 Realtors Land Institute released the results of its March 2014 Iowa Land Trends and Values Survey. The Realtors Land Institute is an arm of the National Association of Realtors and is organized for realtors who specialize in farm and land sales, management and appraisal. All participants in the survey deal almost exclusively in farmland.
click image to zoom Participants were asked to estimate average values of farmland as of March 2014. The estimates are for bare, unimproved land with the sale price on a cash basis. Pasture and timber land values were also requested as supplemental information.
- USDA chief says urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- NGFA, other ag groups commend introduction of Senate rail bill
- Registration for AgGateway’s annual conference now open
- Soybean research in Kansas highlighted at breeders’ tour
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- US dollar strength is weighing on crop markets Thursday morning
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- USDA invites public comments on climate report