Survey finds 5.4% decline in Iowa farmland values
The Iowa Farm & Land Chapter #2 Realtors Land Institute released the results of its March 2014 Iowa Land Trends and Values Survey. The Realtors Land Institute is an arm of the National Association of Realtors and is organized for realtors who specialize in farm and land sales, management and appraisal. All participants in the survey deal almost exclusively in farmland.
click image to zoom Participants were asked to estimate average values of farmland as of March 2014. The estimates are for bare, unimproved land with the sale price on a cash basis. Pasture and timber land values were also requested as supplemental information.
- Northern corn leaf blight seen across Corn Belt
- EU wheat exporters to benefit from Black Sea turmoil
- Seeds keep vital much longer when stored without oxygen
- Global food safety agreement signed by China and UC Davis
- Weyerhaeuser and DuPont Pioneer sign license agreement
- Corn conditions dip slightly, but…