Survey finds 5.4% decline in Iowa farmland values
The Iowa Farm & Land Chapter #2 Realtors Land Institute released the results of its March 2014 Iowa Land Trends and Values Survey. The Realtors Land Institute is an arm of the National Association of Realtors and is organized for realtors who specialize in farm and land sales, management and appraisal. All participants in the survey deal almost exclusively in farmland.
click image to zoom Participants were asked to estimate average values of farmland as of March 2014. The estimates are for bare, unimproved land with the sale price on a cash basis. Pasture and timber land values were also requested as supplemental information.
- Australia eyes ambitious dam building plans to boost agriculture
- IRRI and partners hold training on modern rice seed production
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals