Support for state water rights protection
PLC President Brice Lee, a rancher from Hesperus, Colo., said "Our members face the same threats as ski companies do—perhaps with more at stake as they are individuals and families depending on these water rights for their livelihood. It is important to include all industries that may be impacted, to keep our rural communities thriving. Rep. Tipton's bill accomplishes the purpose of protecting all water right holders, including ranchers."
Farner added, “Water is very much a contentious issue, especially in agriculture. We very much support conservation efforts of the American farmer that leads to sustainable farming practices and may lead to additional water available for ag and non-ag purposes. To that end, we pride ourselves on partnering with organizations such as The Nature Conservancy, Trout Unlimited and Environmental Defense Fund on supporting incentives and policies that both value agriculture production and environmental sustainability.”
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto