Support for state water rights protection
PLC President Brice Lee, a rancher from Hesperus, Colo., said "Our members face the same threats as ski companies do—perhaps with more at stake as they are individuals and families depending on these water rights for their livelihood. It is important to include all industries that may be impacted, to keep our rural communities thriving. Rep. Tipton's bill accomplishes the purpose of protecting all water right holders, including ranchers."
Farner added, “Water is very much a contentious issue, especially in agriculture. We very much support conservation efforts of the American farmer that leads to sustainable farming practices and may lead to additional water available for ag and non-ag purposes. To that end, we pride ourselves on partnering with organizations such as The Nature Conservancy, Trout Unlimited and Environmental Defense Fund on supporting incentives and policies that both value agriculture production and environmental sustainability.”
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- Free webinar for ag retailers on strip tillage
- White House agenda on climate change impacts to natural resources
- NGFA reiterates need for STB to change rail fuel surcharge rule
- 2014 World Food Prize awarded to Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram
- Arysta LifeScience agrees to acquisition
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals