Stonegate Agricom closes finance deal
Stonegate Agricom Ltd. today announced it has closed the previously announced transaction whereby Stonegate acquired Sprott Resource Corporation's fully drawn $7.5 million loan facility for 11,538,462 Stonegate common shares at a price of 65 cents per share. The transaction was originally announced on April 29, 2013.
SRC currently owns 58,450,462 Stonegate common shares, or 37.5 percent of total outstanding shares.
Stonegate Agricom, which is actively engaged in acquiring and developing agricultural nutrient projects, is currently focused on the development of two potentially world-class, long-life phosphate deposits, the Paris Hills Phosphate Project located in Idaho and the Mantaro Phosphate Project located in Peru.
“The company is confident that the two deposits have sufficient size and grade to become strategic, cost-effective sources of phosphate supply for major fertilizer producers,” the company has proclaimed. More information is available at www.stonegateagricom.com.
- Monsanto launches Mexico center for developing GMO corn
- Verdesian Life Sciences acquires QC Corporation
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto