Steve Forbes condemns Luddites’ assaults on farming
A highly supportive editorial for conventional agriculture in the U.S. including support for biotechnology was written by Steve Forbes, the chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media and a former Republican primary candidate for president.
Forbes contends that American agriculture/agribusiness, as it operates today and needs to operate in the future, is “under assault in a way that will harm the ability of the world to feed itself.”
Forbes writes about the nation’s infrastructure for transporting ag products, ag exporting, biotechnology and labeling of bio-engineered foods. He contends that science-driven agriculture needs more applause, rather than criticism.
The editorial can be found as it appears on Chron.com, a Hearst newspaper communications site of the Houston Chronicle, by clicking here.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.