Stabenow: Vote on farm bill likely
The U.S. Senate may soon vote on the farm bill, according to Senate Ag Committee Chair Debbie Stabenow.
Stabenow told Politico she expects Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to file a cloture petition to set up a roll call vote on the farm bill this week so the full Senate floor can begin discussing immigration reform next week.
If the vote is called, 60 votes are required for the bill to pass the Senate.
Stabenow told Politico she remains confident it can be done.
- China adopts stricter pesticide residue standard
- Researchers target soybean disease with genetic resistance study
- K-State Cropping Systems Field Day Set Aug. 28 in Garden City
- Ag markets ended the week in mixed fashion
- Ag turned decidedly mixed Friday morning
- Fall armyworm moth capture sees big jump
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014