Stabenow: Vote on farm bill likely
The U.S. Senate may soon vote on the farm bill, according to Senate Ag Committee Chair Debbie Stabenow.
Stabenow told Politico she expects Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to file a cloture petition to set up a roll call vote on the farm bill this week so the full Senate floor can begin discussing immigration reform next week.
If the vote is called, 60 votes are required for the bill to pass the Senate.
Stabenow told Politico she remains confident it can be done.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?