Stabenow: Vote on farm bill likely
The U.S. Senate may soon vote on the farm bill, according to Senate Ag Committee Chair Debbie Stabenow.
Stabenow told Politico she expects Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to file a cloture petition to set up a roll call vote on the farm bill this week so the full Senate floor can begin discussing immigration reform next week.
If the vote is called, 60 votes are required for the bill to pass the Senate.
Stabenow told Politico she remains confident it can be done.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture