Soil, Water, and Nutrient Management meetings set for December
The Department of Soil Science, in conjunction with University of Wisconsin-Extension, will conduct eight Soil, Water, and Nutrient Management meetings in December 2013. Each meeting will run from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. with lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
The purpose of these meetings is to provide research updates in the field of soil, water, and nutrient management. Francisco Arriaga, Matt Ruark, Carrie Laboski, John Peters, and Sue Porter will present current information.
All speakers may not be present at all meetings.
A $35 registration fee (which includes lunch) will be charged for the meeting. Certified Crop Adviser CEU credits (2 soil & water management and 2 in nutrient management) have been requested.
Make reservations with the host agent at least one week before the meeting you wish to attend.
Discussion Topics and Speakers
- Cover crop and fertilizer technology research update (Matt Ruark)
- Nutrient management BMPs on tile-drained land (Matt Ruark)
- Efficacy of aglime and pell lime in no-till and chisel systems (Carrie Laboski)
- Minimizing nitrate loss from manure-amended sandy soils (Carrie Laboski)
- Current topics in soil testing and nutrient management (John Peters)
- Better and faster nutrient management planning: Version 2 (Sue Porter)
- Tillage options for crop residue and soil compaction management (Francisco Arriaga)
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'