Simplot to build new fertilizer warehouse in Minnesota
The J. R. Simplot Company has announced plans to build a new fertilizer storage warehouse and blending operation in East Grand Forks, Minn.
"This project aligns with our strategy to be a fully integrated agricultural input business," said Simplot AgriBusiness Group president Garrett Lofto. "From phosphate mining to fertilizer manufacturing to retail distribution, we are committed to meeting the needs of our customers at all levels."
Construction of the new facility is scheduled to begin early this summer on the site of the Simplot Grower Solutions unit in East Grand Forks. The project should be completed during the spring of 2015.
"This new state-of-the-art facility will allow Simplot to introduce new products and provide an enhanced level of service to our customers in the Red River Valley" said Dave Dufault, head of Simplot Grower Solutions retail stores.
"The project also ties directly to our long-term strategy to establish highly efficient distribution systems in key markets," he added. "The Red River Valley is an important, strategic area for us to grow our retail presence due to its rich and diverse agricultural marketplace."
- Ag markets diverged Tuesday morning
- Breakthrough in the understanding of plant growth, development
- Monsanto sells Desert Durum Wheat Research Program
- Midco Global, Inc. and DuBois Engineering sign joint venture
- Fargo selected for National Agricultural Genotyping Center
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings acquires Kerman Ag Resources