Simplot acquires Migl Feed and Grain
Migl Feed and Grain, an agricultural supply company located in Hallettsville, Texas, will join the J. R. Simplot Company's Grower Solutions network.
"Our goal at Simplot Grower Solutions is to continue to grow our business by expanding our reach in strategic areas such as the Texas Gulf Coast as we focus on meeting customer needs," said Dave Dufault, head of Simplot Grower Solutions retail stores. "Migl fits in very well."
"We felt that Simplot Grower Solutions was the best fit for our community, our employees, and our customers. Their commitment to agriculture is well known throughout the industry," said Frank Migl, owner of Migl Feed and Grain. They will remain focused on providing customers with a full line of crop nutrients, crop protection, seed, specialty products and agricultural technology.
"For over 75 years, the Simplot Company has played a significant role in various sectors of the global food and agriculture system and this long term commitment continues," said Garrett Lofto, president of Simplot AgriBusiness.
He added, "Migl Feed and Grain fits in very well with our existing Texas operations and we look forward to their employees joining our Simplot team."
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants