Simplot acquires Migl Feed and Grain
Migl Feed and Grain, an agricultural supply company located in Hallettsville, Texas, will join the J. R. Simplot Company's Grower Solutions network.
"Our goal at Simplot Grower Solutions is to continue to grow our business by expanding our reach in strategic areas such as the Texas Gulf Coast as we focus on meeting customer needs," said Dave Dufault, head of Simplot Grower Solutions retail stores. "Migl fits in very well."
"We felt that Simplot Grower Solutions was the best fit for our community, our employees, and our customers. Their commitment to agriculture is well known throughout the industry," said Frank Migl, owner of Migl Feed and Grain. They will remain focused on providing customers with a full line of crop nutrients, crop protection, seed, specialty products and agricultural technology.
"For over 75 years, the Simplot Company has played a significant role in various sectors of the global food and agriculture system and this long term commitment continues," said Garrett Lofto, president of Simplot AgriBusiness.
He added, "Migl Feed and Grain fits in very well with our existing Texas operations and we look forward to their employees joining our Simplot team."
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning