Seventh district farmland values rise
Given that 57 percent of surveyed bankers predicted increased demand for farmland among farmers over the next three to six months and only 5 percent predicted decreased demand, there should continue to be a lot of interest in available agricultural ground. The high level of interest in farmland should also persist on account of the sustained strong demand among nonfarm investors; 31 percent of the survey respondents forecasted greater demand to buy farmland among nonfarm investors over the next three to six months, while 17 percent forecasted lesser demand. In addition, 45 percent of the responding bankers expected farmland transfers to grow in volume this fall and winter relative to the previous fall and winter, while 8 percent expected them to decline.
According to the survey responses, the drought was predicted to more adversely affect the net farm earnings of livestock farm operators than those of crop famers. Crop farmers were actually forecasted to experience higher levels of net cash earnings this fall and winter relative to the previous fall and winter; however, dairy, cattle and hog producers were forecasted to have lower levels.
Because of higher corn and soybean prices this fall and payouts from crop insurance to cover lost output, 48 percent of survey respondents anticipated net cash earnings from crops to rise over the next three to six months and 24 percent anticipated these earnings to fall.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.