Senate to vote on Farm Bill today
The Senate overwhelmingly voted 72-22 to invoke cloture on Monday (Feb. 3), ending floor debate and clearing the way for today’s (Feb. 4) vote on final passage of a Farm Bill.
The Senate reconvenes at 10 a.m. this morning, with a Farm Bill vote anticipated in the afternoon.
The House approved the bill, the conference report to accompany H.R.2642, last week, 251-166.
Once approved by the Senate, the bill heads to the President for his signature.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement