Senate to vote on Farm Bill today
The Senate overwhelmingly voted 72-22 to invoke cloture on Monday (Feb. 3), ending floor debate and clearing the way for today’s (Feb. 4) vote on final passage of a Farm Bill.
The Senate reconvenes at 10 a.m. this morning, with a Farm Bill vote anticipated in the afternoon.
The House approved the bill, the conference report to accompany H.R.2642, last week, 251-166.
Once approved by the Senate, the bill heads to the President for his signature.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance