Searching for 40 Under 40 Award nominations
Vance Agribusiness Group is looking for those persons to present the agricultural industry’s second annual 40 Under 40 Award to recognize individuals making a significant contribution to America’s agricultural production and food systems.
Participating web and print publications include Drovers/Cattle Network, Dairy Herd Management, Bovine Veterinarian, Pork Network, AgProfessional, The Grower, Citrus+Vegetable, The Packer, Produce Retailer and Produce Ops.
Obviously, those who will be honored can be involved in nearly every segment of agricultural production from those working for input supply manufacturing to food processing. The formal nomination explanation is as follows: Nominations must be involved (owner, co-owner, employee, consultant, student) with a business engaged in food production, food processing, food safety, food research, food transportation or a group, organization, association or university that serves those industries.
“In general, serving growers and ranchers is of major importance, and this was reflected by how many of the first-year class of award winners were engaged in grassroots agriculture,” said Rich Keller, AgProfessional editor.
The award program was initiated as a recognition program for young leaders in the agricultural industry who have shown leadership and will be instrumental in meeting the 2050 challenge of feeding the world’s projected 9.1 billion people.
“We’re once again this year looking for the most innovative people in agriculture under the age of 40 to honor for their ideas and leadership—from animal and crop production, biotechnology and university research, food and nutrition technology, agricultural equipment, agronomy and more,” Keller explained.
Individuals must be nominated by a colleague, fellow professional or themselves to receive the recognition. Individuals to be considered for the award must be between the age of 20 and 40 at the time of nominations. Nominations require an explanation of how an individual is showing passion for agriculture, has demonstrated involvement in an aspect of the food industry and has a notable record of achievement.
Nominations must be submitted by going to 40under40ag.com. Nominators must include the following with a nomination:
- A one-page or equivalent letter of reference detailing the applicant’s activities and expertise in their industry segment.
- Nominee name, address, title and age.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume.
- A list of organizations with which the nominee is affiliated, industry activities and any awards received.
Recognition of each award winner will include a profile in the various Vance Publishing publications and posted on the 40under40ag.com website, a recognition plaque, invitation to an exclusive 40 Under 40 event in 2015 and future participation in social media forums and virtual roundtables with key industry figures.
Please make sure your segment of the agricultural industry is represented by honoring an up and coming leader who will be making an impact during the next 35 years to solve the 2050 challenge.
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Ukraine to lose 15% of grain crop in violence-hit regions
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America