Scout corn fields for these five weeds in 2013
- Trend: In 2012, 13.3 percent of growers reported the presence of glyphosate-resistant Palmer amaranth on their farms, 4.6 percentage points more than in 2011.4
- Germination timing: Palmer amaranth has an extended emergence pattern, typically May to mid-July in the Southern United States. It has a rapid growth rate (up to 2½ inches per day) and high seed production, averaging 40,000 seeds per plant.6
- Found in: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV2
- Trend: In 2012, 16.5 percent of growers reported the presence of glyphosate-resistant waterhemp on their farms, 6 percentage points more than in 2011.4
- Germination timing: Summer annual; waterhemp germination and emergence extends late into the growing season.
- Found in: AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE,GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV2
- Trend: Velvetleaf has been hard to control with glyphosate alone and continues to show prevalence among row crops.
- Germination timing: Summer annual. Emerges in the spring, sets seed in late summer/fall and dies.1
- Found in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY2
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.