Scholarships for four counties of Calif. ag students
World Ag Expo and E.M. Tharp, Inc. have teamed up for the seventh year to provide the "We Believe in Growing" scholarship, created to support agricultural education. High school seniors from Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern counties are encouraged to apply by January 18, 2013 to be considered.
Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who attend a four-year university to major in an agricultural field. The scholarships will be disbursed over four years at $2,500 per year.
"We at EM Tharp, Inc. are proud to be a part of a scholarship program that gives back to agricultural students in our Valley communities," said Vester East, E.M. Tharp, Inc. "We strive to help bring the opportunities to our students so that they in turn can make an impact in our Valley."
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit two letters of recommendation; one copy of their high school transcripts; ACT or SAT scores and be graduating from high school during the 2012-2013 school year.
The World Ag Expo and International Agri-Center partner with E.M. Tharp to provide aspiring agricultural students with the college scholarships. Applications can be downloaded at: www.worldagexpo.com/-we-believe-in-growing-scholarship.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals