Scholarships for four counties of Calif. ag students
World Ag Expo and E.M. Tharp, Inc. have teamed up for the seventh year to provide the "We Believe in Growing" scholarship, created to support agricultural education. High school seniors from Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern counties are encouraged to apply by January 18, 2013 to be considered.
Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who attend a four-year university to major in an agricultural field. The scholarships will be disbursed over four years at $2,500 per year.
"We at EM Tharp, Inc. are proud to be a part of a scholarship program that gives back to agricultural students in our Valley communities," said Vester East, E.M. Tharp, Inc. "We strive to help bring the opportunities to our students so that they in turn can make an impact in our Valley."
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit two letters of recommendation; one copy of their high school transcripts; ACT or SAT scores and be graduating from high school during the 2012-2013 school year.
The World Ag Expo and International Agri-Center partner with E.M. Tharp to provide aspiring agricultural students with the college scholarships. Applications can be downloaded at: www.worldagexpo.com/-we-believe-in-growing-scholarship.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Crop budget update
- Wireless nitrate soil sensor could cut fertilizer use
- U.S. Wheat Associates provides assessment on crop conditions
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Nevada Extension offers workshops on dealing with drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Vertical Floor Blenders