Scholarships for four counties of Calif. ag students
World Ag Expo and E.M. Tharp, Inc. have teamed up for the seventh year to provide the "We Believe in Growing" scholarship, created to support agricultural education. High school seniors from Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern counties are encouraged to apply by January 18, 2013 to be considered.
Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who attend a four-year university to major in an agricultural field. The scholarships will be disbursed over four years at $2,500 per year.
"We at EM Tharp, Inc. are proud to be a part of a scholarship program that gives back to agricultural students in our Valley communities," said Vester East, E.M. Tharp, Inc. "We strive to help bring the opportunities to our students so that they in turn can make an impact in our Valley."
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit two letters of recommendation; one copy of their high school transcripts; ACT or SAT scores and be graduating from high school during the 2012-2013 school year.
The World Ag Expo and International Agri-Center partner with E.M. Tharp to provide aspiring agricultural students with the college scholarships. Applications can be downloaded at: www.worldagexpo.com/-we-believe-in-growing-scholarship.
- Vermont lawmakers send GMO food-labeling law to governor
- China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
- Novozymes to open new R&D center in U.S.
- CLA participates in forum for ESA consultations for pesticides
- CHS partners to build fertilizer warehouse at Hamberg, N.D.
- Federal agencies, others dispute stover ethanol conclusion
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants