Scholarships for four counties of Calif. ag students
World Ag Expo and E.M. Tharp, Inc. have teamed up for the seventh year to provide the "We Believe in Growing" scholarship, created to support agricultural education. High school seniors from Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern counties are encouraged to apply by January 18, 2013 to be considered.
Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who attend a four-year university to major in an agricultural field. The scholarships will be disbursed over four years at $2,500 per year.
"We at EM Tharp, Inc. are proud to be a part of a scholarship program that gives back to agricultural students in our Valley communities," said Vester East, E.M. Tharp, Inc. "We strive to help bring the opportunities to our students so that they in turn can make an impact in our Valley."
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit two letters of recommendation; one copy of their high school transcripts; ACT or SAT scores and be graduating from high school during the 2012-2013 school year.
The World Ag Expo and International Agri-Center partner with E.M. Tharp to provide aspiring agricultural students with the college scholarships. Applications can be downloaded at: www.worldagexpo.com/-we-believe-in-growing-scholarship.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease