S&W Seed Company acquires Imperial Valley Seeds
"I am very excited about the opportunities created by combining forces with S&W," commented Fabre. "The combined companies will create a powerhouse for providing premium alfalfa seed varieties and improved forage products to the world market. In addition to exciting new varieties and advanced technologies, the combined companies will offer customers around the world new levels of service and expanded levels of support."
The board of directors of S&W Seed Company has elected Fred Fabre to the position of vice president of sales and marketing for S&W, effective today. Fred Fabre is a veteran in the seed industry and brings a wealth of knowledge and relationships to the combined companies. Mr. Fabre began his career in the seed industry in 1979 as an employee of Cal/West Seeds, subsequently serving Cal/West as distribution manager, quality control manager and finally serving as assistant vice president for international sales. He co-founded Imperial Valley Seeds in 1999 as the independent foreign distribution arm of Imperial Valley Milling.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease