S&W Seed Company acquires Imperial Valley Seeds
"I am very excited about the opportunities created by combining forces with S&W," commented Fabre. "The combined companies will create a powerhouse for providing premium alfalfa seed varieties and improved forage products to the world market. In addition to exciting new varieties and advanced technologies, the combined companies will offer customers around the world new levels of service and expanded levels of support."
The board of directors of S&W Seed Company has elected Fred Fabre to the position of vice president of sales and marketing for S&W, effective today. Fred Fabre is a veteran in the seed industry and brings a wealth of knowledge and relationships to the combined companies. Mr. Fabre began his career in the seed industry in 1979 as an employee of Cal/West Seeds, subsequently serving Cal/West as distribution manager, quality control manager and finally serving as assistant vice president for international sales. He co-founded Imperial Valley Seeds in 1999 as the independent foreign distribution arm of Imperial Valley Milling.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America