Risk assessment tool released on wheat scab conditions
As the wheat production season reaches critical stages throughout the country, the U.S. Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative is again offering two early alert systems for growers in areas at risk for Fusarium head blight, or scab.
At http://www.wheatscab.psu.edu/riskTool_2012.html, USWBSI offers a risk assessment tool that allows users to select for an assessment date, time period, region and wheat class, and is supplemented by commentaries from relevant state university plant disease specialists on weather and environmental conditions and the presence of scab or lack thereof.
Farmers can also sign up for text or e-mail alerts about scab conditions at http://scabusa.org/fhb_alert.php.
These periodic messages are designed to supplement the more in-depth data available online, with frequency and timing of alerts depending upon an area's level of risk for scab. USWBSI's primary online home is at http://scabusa.org.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System