Rice bran oil receiving new attention
NutraCea, a company with headquarters in Phoenix, Ariz., touts itself as a global leader in the production and marketing of value-added products derived from rice bran, and it recently presented results from a scientific study linking a rice bran oil and sesame oil blend to lower blood pressure and improved cholesterol.
Rice bran is a product of rice production that receives little attention in the news. The NutraCea company has rice bran processing ongoing or planned at three or more facilities in the U.S. and is ramping up for rice bran oil processing in Brazil.
W. John Short, CEO and president of NutraCea, commented, "Rice bran is one of the world's most underutilized food resources. Through our proprietary and patented processes we convert rice bran into higher value products including rice bran oil. When our plant expansion in Brazil is complete early next year, we will have upgraded our production techniques and processes to physical refining that will allow us to produce high oryzanol rice bran oil.”
As for the healthy oils study presented to the American Heart Association, over a 60 day period, 300 men and women with an average age of 57, with mild to moderately high blood pressure, were tested in New Delhi, India. After the consumption of an 80 percent rice bran oil and 20 percent sesame oil blend, the results showed a drop in systolic, maximum, and diastolic, minimum, blood pressure.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company