ResponsibleAg request for proposal available for review
ResponsibleAg (RA) is a joint venture of the Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) and The Fertilizer Institute (TFI), and is the result of both organizations partnering to develop a Fertilizer Code of Practice Initiative.
ResponsibleAg is being founded for the purpose of stewarding regulatory compliance throughout the chain of custody for fertilizer products, with the end result of increased safety and security for employees and communities, as well as continued availability of these vital products to American agriculture.
RA will provide a platform for companies or individuals who supply or store fertilizer to register under the umbrella of an overarching Code of Practice. Registration will allow the industry to have a more complete reference of facilities involved in the trade. Stationary storage facilities owned by farmers are also in-scope. Beyond registration, RA will provide Codes of Practice for specific fertilizer products and train auditors to inspect retail facilities. These Codes are in development at present, and will cover anhydrous ammonia (NH3) and ammonium nitrate (AN) at the outset, though may expand to other products in the future. They are based on current regulatory requirements for these products. A Common Code is also being created to cover requirements applying to both products and also to best practices that should apply regardless of product carried. These latter practices which are not regulatory requirements would be evaluated by auditors but would not impact whether facilities pass or fail their audit.
ResponsibleAg has created a request for proposal (RFP), which is now available to interested parties that may wish to file a Notice of Intent to receive a copy of the RFP.
The RFP addresses the online platform that would be used to register companies, receive and post audit scores uploaded by inspectors, and allow all suppliers to access those scores. The product (custom programming), website and the data it will contain will be the exclusive property of ResponsibleAg.
The Notice of Intent to provide a proposal is due by July 26, 2013, 5:00 p.m. EDT, and the proposal submission deadline is Aug. 15, 2013, 5:00 p.m. EDT. If you would like a copy of the RFP, please contact ARA's Michelle Hummel at firstname.lastname@example.org or TFI's Monica Conway at email@example.com.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals