ResponsibleAg request for proposal available for review
ResponsibleAg (RA) is a joint venture of the Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) and The Fertilizer Institute (TFI), and is the result of both organizations partnering to develop a Fertilizer Code of Practice Initiative.
ResponsibleAg is being founded for the purpose of stewarding regulatory compliance throughout the chain of custody for fertilizer products, with the end result of increased safety and security for employees and communities, as well as continued availability of these vital products to American agriculture.
RA will provide a platform for companies or individuals who supply or store fertilizer to register under the umbrella of an overarching Code of Practice. Registration will allow the industry to have a more complete reference of facilities involved in the trade. Stationary storage facilities owned by farmers are also in-scope. Beyond registration, RA will provide Codes of Practice for specific fertilizer products and train auditors to inspect retail facilities. These Codes are in development at present, and will cover anhydrous ammonia (NH3) and ammonium nitrate (AN) at the outset, though may expand to other products in the future. They are based on current regulatory requirements for these products. A Common Code is also being created to cover requirements applying to both products and also to best practices that should apply regardless of product carried. These latter practices which are not regulatory requirements would be evaluated by auditors but would not impact whether facilities pass or fail their audit.
ResponsibleAg has created a request for proposal (RFP), which is now available to interested parties that may wish to file a Notice of Intent to receive a copy of the RFP.
The RFP addresses the online platform that would be used to register companies, receive and post audit scores uploaded by inspectors, and allow all suppliers to access those scores. The product (custom programming), website and the data it will contain will be the exclusive property of ResponsibleAg.
The Notice of Intent to provide a proposal is due by July 26, 2013, 5:00 p.m. EDT, and the proposal submission deadline is Aug. 15, 2013, 5:00 p.m. EDT. If you would like a copy of the RFP, please contact ARA's Michelle Hummel at email@example.com or TFI's Monica Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America