Rentech closes sale of Natchez site for $9 million in proceeds
Rentech, Inc. announced that a subsidiary of the company has closed the sale of approximately 450 acres in Natchez, Miss., to Adams County, Mississippi, for proceeds of approximately $9 million.
D. Hunt Ramsbottom, president and CEO of Rentech, said, “The sale of the Natchez site is consistent with our stated intention to dispose of our non-core alternative energy related assets.” Ramsbottom continued, “We remain focused on the significant opportunities within our newly launched wood fibre processing business as well as growth in our nitrogen fertilizer business.”
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants