Rentech closes sale of Natchez site for $9 million in proceeds
Rentech, Inc. announced that a subsidiary of the company has closed the sale of approximately 450 acres in Natchez, Miss., to Adams County, Mississippi, for proceeds of approximately $9 million.
D. Hunt Ramsbottom, president and CEO of Rentech, said, “The sale of the Natchez site is consistent with our stated intention to dispose of our non-core alternative energy related assets.” Ramsbottom continued, “We remain focused on the significant opportunities within our newly launched wood fibre processing business as well as growth in our nitrogen fertilizer business.”
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?