Rentech closes sale of Natchez site for $9 million in proceeds
Rentech, Inc. announced that a subsidiary of the company has closed the sale of approximately 450 acres in Natchez, Miss., to Adams County, Mississippi, for proceeds of approximately $9 million.
D. Hunt Ramsbottom, president and CEO of Rentech, said, “The sale of the Natchez site is consistent with our stated intention to dispose of our non-core alternative energy related assets.” Ramsbottom continued, “We remain focused on the significant opportunities within our newly launched wood fibre processing business as well as growth in our nitrogen fertilizer business.”
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting