Rentech closes sale of Natchez site for $9 million in proceeds
Rentech, Inc. announced that a subsidiary of the company has closed the sale of approximately 450 acres in Natchez, Miss., to Adams County, Mississippi, for proceeds of approximately $9 million.
D. Hunt Ramsbottom, president and CEO of Rentech, said, “The sale of the Natchez site is consistent with our stated intention to dispose of our non-core alternative energy related assets.” Ramsbottom continued, “We remain focused on the significant opportunities within our newly launched wood fibre processing business as well as growth in our nitrogen fertilizer business.”
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture