Reader catches error in Xtend article
In the July issue of AgProfessional magazine, an article—“Roundup Ready Xtend Crop System”—I included what I thought was a correct quote that contended there hasn’t been a weed showing full resistance to both glyphosate and dicamba herbicides.
It appears that I misquoted the Monsanto representative, although it was my understanding that the quote had been checked as accurate. I say there apparently is an error in the statement because a Kansas reader of the magazine provided real-world experience using glyphosate and dicamba together without achieving full weed control.
“This [claim] is not correct because for the past 3-4 years in northwest Kansas we cannot kill kochia with 44 ounces of Roundup 6 pounds (label rate is 22 ounces) plus 16 ounces of dicamba and AMS if the kochia gets more than 1/2 - 1 inch tall. What use to be Sandoz, then BASF, had been tracking dicamba resistance in kochia since the 60's,” wrote Ryan Inman.
Inman is self-employed with REI Agronomy Services, LLC and for 13 years was with Servi-Tech Inc. “The resistance is based on personal experience as he explained with his detailed account. He said he has observed the problem continue to increase to a wider area. His observation comes from field spray records made by producer clients and him personally operating an applicator “trying different rates and mixes.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.