Raven announces new implementation of Slingshot API
Raven Industries announced the launch of a new software application called OnSite from AgIntegrated that will utilize the Slingshot API. The Slingshot API, or application programming interface, is a software-to-software interface that is invisible to the end-user providing a simple way for one software system to communicate with another.
OnSite is a cloud-based mobile and desktop app that assists with file management and communications to and from the field by socially connecting people. By tapping into the Slingshot API, the OnSite software is able to communicate directly with Raven field computers to efficiently transfer data and locate equipment in the field.
AgIntegrated's use of the Slingshot API is evidence that a shift is occurring in the agricultural industry where software and technology providers are focusing more on their areas of expertise and becoming more willing to collaborate and integrate with each other to meet the demands of the industry, according to Raven.
Today, the Slingshot API already offers a solution that will allow collaboration between the software providers such as AgIntegrated and the technology in the field. "AgIntegrated's implementation of OnSite is a great example of the Slingshot API at work," said Paul Welbig, director of Slingshot Operations for Raven Industries. "Slingshot provides the wireless connection to the hardware in the field and provides a great connection for AgIntegrated to provide a seamless solution for their customers."
Another driver in this shift is the adoption of mobile technologies and smart phones within agriculture.
"Mobile technologies are enabling the precision ag consumer to become the most important asset once again," said Mike Santostefano, director of Marketing and Business Development for AgIntegrated. "These consumers, including precision ag specialists, salespeople, agronomists, consultants, operators and growers, are the people responsible for adopting and embracing precision agriculture. As seen in other industries, these connected consumers will ultimately drive the need for lower cost, easier to use, integrated systems that make their day more efficient."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Junge Control Inc.