RapidEye completes North American agricultural imaging
RapidEye announced that its North American agricultural imaging campaign has been completed successfully. The campaign, which ran monthly from May 15, 2013, through Sept. 14, 2013, generated more than 16 million km² of cloud-free imagery over 3 million km² spanning twenty-eight U.S. states and three Canadian provinces.
Program subscribers had access to new imagery as it was collected, including more than 30,000 Level 3A ortho products at the end of the collection windows. The products have an average cloud cover of 5%. The bulk of this imagery (72%) was acquired with low viewing angles of +/- 10°.
AGRI IMAGIS Technologies’ President, Lanny Faleide, boasts, “RapidEye's imaging capabilities have greatly expanded the use of Satshot's agricultural imagery analysis system this past season. In 2013, RapidEye has provided Satshot immediate access to products, many times within twenty-four hours of image capture. Their quality and delivery system is second-to-none in the industry.”
RapidEye’s program had great success in Canada due to its high collection capabilities. According to Wade Barnes, CEO of FarmersEdge, “The agricultural monitoring program from RapidEye has allowed us to provide real-time farm management tools to all our global clients. The information is providing the agriculture community a tool to unlock the potential of their farmland.”
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning