Quotes show GM food labeling is road to stop GM crops
Jon Entine wrote an article about the Genetic Literacy Project, which appears on the Forbe.com website.
Entine asks the question—“Is labeling GMOs really about our right to know.” He contends those wanting foods labeled as possibly containing genetically modified crop ingredients aren’t so much interested in full disclosure labeling as they are stopping the production of GM crops.
The interesting infographic at the end of his comments has quotes from individuals who support labeling of GM foods but who admit they don’t want GM crops grown on planet earth.
The link to the article and infographics is here.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America