Preservation of North Dakota prairie a concern
New corn hybrids and soybean varieties adapted to growing all the way to the Canadian border plus the economics of grain production has North Dakota prairie grassland being converted to row crops.
This conversion has a lot of people concerned, especially wildlife advocates such as representatives of organizations like Ducks Unlimited. These people would like to see restrictions on converting grasslands and draining wetlands in the upcoming farm bill instead of allowing farmers to do as they please.
The Washington Post ran an article “Conservationists push to preserve North Dakota prairie, wetlands through farm policy.”
Read the full newspaper article by clicking here.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.