Precision Laboratories introduces Trident Bio-Inducer
After a year of severe drought and record-high temperatures throughout most of the United States, growers are looking for ways to enhance their crop management practices and increase yield production in the year ahead. Trident Bio-Inducer for Soybeans, from Precision Laboratories, is the first seed enhancement product with bio-inducer capabilities, providing growers and retailers with a tool to improve plant health and increase yields.
“Growers are making adjustments in their 2013 plans to consider the impact that last year’s drought and heat had on soil conditions and to be better prepared for the type of weather challenges they encountered” said Terry Culp, vice president of Seed and Nutrient Chemistries at Precision Laboratories. “One tool soybean growers can use to prepare plants for potential stress conditions and to improve overall plant health is an inoculant.”
Unlike traditional soybean inoculants, Trident provides proprietary bacteria that are pre-stressed, allowing for 90-day survival on the seed, improved tolerance of seed-applied pesticides and performance across a broad range of spring environments. The bio-inducer within Trident causes nitrogen-fixing bacteria to generate nodule-producing chemicals for rapid root nodulation. The increased nodulation provides enhanced nitrogen fixation, unlocking the full genetic potential of the soybean seed and promoting enhanced plant development. Trident bacteria also replace the soil rhizobia that degenerated due to soil conditions from the 2012 drought. The results are soybeans that develop earlier and are more robust both above and below ground.
“Plants only have one chance for a good healthy start” said Culp. “Enhanced early plant development enables the crop to better handle in-season stresses and have the ability to finish strong.”
In 2012, a high stress year, studies showed a 6.4 percent increase in yield when using Trident; an average of 2.7 bushels per acre. Trident is compatible with other seed treatment products and can be applied up to 90 days before planting with most popular seed treatment pesticides.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- ARA and TFI provide details of ResponsibleAg program
- FMC to split into two public companies
- Marrone Bio Innovations receives patent for biofungicide
- Central Valley Ag, United Farmers Cooperative propose merger
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- China GMO research funding slides
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.