PotashCorp launches eKonomics
Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. launched eKonomics.com, a new online resource that delivers easy-to-understand analyses of soil science data, agronomic information, research and best management practices to help farmers achieve greater financial success. As part of a larger campaign, the site aims to educate farmers about the benefits fertilizer – specifically potash – can deliver to their bottom line.
“Not only are farmers around the globe helping to feed a growing population, but they’re also operating a complicated business,” says Stephen Dowdle, president, PCS Sales. “The purpose of eKonomics is to help farmers make better business decisions by giving them access to resources that can assist them in better understanding the return on investment of proper soil fertility.”
For years, most of the agriculture industry’s best research has been difficult to access due to in-depth white papers, academic language and complicated statistics. The eKonomics website is intended to act as an online hub where information is presented in relevant and practical ways, through video, info graphics, tools and articles. As part of the online resource, farmers will have access to interactive soil sample maps that compare potash and phosphate nutrient levels across key areas.
Additional features of potashcorp-eKonomics.com include:
- Nutrient ROI Calculator: A resource that allows farmers to easily calculate the potential increase in yield and profit related to adequate potash and phosphate applications.
- Growing Degree Day Calculator: A tool that helps farmers better assess the suitability of a region for a specific crop.
- Rainfall Tracker: A resource that provides farmers access to rainfall data for a specific region.
- Nutrient Removal Calculator: A feature that allows farmers to understand the amount of crop nutrients removed following a harvest and what amount typically would be needed to maintain optimum yield potential.
PotashCorp’s Director of Agronomy, Robert Mullen, Ph.D., along with other industry leaders, will offer insights and advice, highlighting best practices in farm management. In addition, Dr. Mullen will host several events and webinars throughout the year to educate and engage with farmers looking to maximize their return on investment.
“eKonomics is not only about helping farmers grow better crops, it’s about providing farmers with the resources and tools to help grow their business,” says Mullen.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?