Positive and negative ag survey results
A poll conducted among agri-business executives last month by Agri Marketing magazine and the ABM Agri Council showed that the majority think the current ag economy is positive. On a scale of 0 (lowest) to 100 (highest), the overall Agri-Marketer's Confidence Index (AMCI) scored an 87, which compares to 81 when the poll was conducted last June. The current conditions index retreated some, while future expectations are up and overall are still very optimistic.
In another Agri-Marketer's poll conducted by the magazine and the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, the majority of respondents said they think the results of the 2012 U.S. presidential election will have a negative impact on the agricultural sector. A combined 71 percent of respondents say the election results will be either negative or very negative for the ag industry, compared to just 16 percent who say it will be positive or very positive.
Results: How do you think the results of the election will affect the agricultural sector?
Very negative: 45%
No effect: 13%
Very positive: 7%
A first look at the two surveys would indicate contradictory results because there is positive expectations for agriculture in general while the re-election of President Obama is thought to be taking agriculture down.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.