Positive and negative ag survey results
A poll conducted among agri-business executives last month by Agri Marketing magazine and the ABM Agri Council showed that the majority think the current ag economy is positive. On a scale of 0 (lowest) to 100 (highest), the overall Agri-Marketer's Confidence Index (AMCI) scored an 87, which compares to 81 when the poll was conducted last June. The current conditions index retreated some, while future expectations are up and overall are still very optimistic.
In another Agri-Marketer's poll conducted by the magazine and the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, the majority of respondents said they think the results of the 2012 U.S. presidential election will have a negative impact on the agricultural sector. A combined 71 percent of respondents say the election results will be either negative or very negative for the ag industry, compared to just 16 percent who say it will be positive or very positive.
Results: How do you think the results of the election will affect the agricultural sector?
Very negative: 45%
No effect: 13%
Very positive: 7%
A first look at the two surveys would indicate contradictory results because there is positive expectations for agriculture in general while the re-election of President Obama is thought to be taking agriculture down.
- CF Industries terminates merger discussions with Yara Intl.
- Abengoa celebrates grand opening of its first biofuels plant
- NAWG calls for more biotech wheat research
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Take That, Red Baron
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Offshore wind farms are the future, says Statkraft CEO
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals