Plan rootworm control early
To plan for the 2014 corn-growing season, Syngenta recommends the following strategies for corn rootworm control be discussed among farmers and their ag retailer agronomists, seed sales representative and/or their independent crop consultant in areas where corn rootworm is expected to be a problem:
- Take a multi-year, whole-farm approach
- Rotate to a non-host crop, where that is an option
- Integrate multiple measures of control
- Use corn hybrid stacks with two corn rootworm traits
- Apply a soil insecticide or seed treatment
“Corn rootworm has been a challenge for corn growers since the late 1950s. Corn rootworm control is not one-size-fits-all,” said Chuck Foresman, Syngenta global corn crop protection R&D lead.
“Rotation to a non-host crop is the first option for farmers seeking to break the corn rootworm cycle. Effective corn rootworm management will require a multi-year plan, incorporating the integration of multiple control measures, not merely employing a single technology. Understanding the complexity of corn rootworm will help farmers choose the right approach for their farm,” Foresman said.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Blend and Bulk Tower Systems