Pinnacle acquires G and C Fertilizer Company
Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings, LLC, through its subsidiary Jimmy Sanders Incorporated, has acquired certain assets from G and C Fertilizer Company Incorporated located in Lyons, Ga. Specifically, Sanders acquired the agriculture retail assets associated with G and C Fertilizer, d/b/a U.S. #1 Farm Center.
U.S. #1 Farm Center was founded in 1969 as a seed, fertilizer and crop protection retail business providing full service to growers in the traditional row crop markets as well as specialty vegetable markets in southeast Georgia. “We are excited to welcome U.S. #1 Farm Center to the Sanders family,” said Bo Kennedy, Area Operations Manager for Sanders in Georgia and southern Alabama. “Joey Clark and the team at U.S. #1 bring valuable expertise in the specialty vegetable markets and will complement the existing Sanders business in Georgia.”
Joey Clark, manager of U.S. #1 Farm Center said, “Our decision to team up with Sanders was based on Sanders’ commitment to their customers and employees. They follow core principles that put the customer first, and that was very important to us.”
The former U.S. #1 Farm Center location in Lyons, Ga., will become a Sanders facility and continue to be managed by Joey Clark. Sanders will continue to offer custom fertilizer blends, as well as seed and crop protection products. The Lyons, Ga., location will also introduce new precision ag services through Sanders’ proprietary OptiGro system.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta