Pinnacle acquires Federer Fertilizer
Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings, LLC, has successfully acquired Federer Fertilizer Incorporated. Federer Fertilizer will operate as part of Pinnacle's Sanders brand. Located in Cullman, Ala., Federer Fertilizer was founded in 2004 as a full-service farm supply operation, providing seed, fertilizer, and crop protection chemicals, as well as various hardware and livestock supplies to local growers. Federer Fertilizer has been a valued wholesale customer of Sanders for the past four years.
The new Sanders location will be managed by former Federer Fertilizer owner, Greg Federer, and will remain located at 2471 County Road 222, Cullman, Alabama 35057. The current employees of Federer Fertilizer will retain their positions under the new Sanders ownership.
The Federer family has been in the agricultural supply business for decades, owning and operating Federer Farm Supply from 1976 to 1990. Subsequently, they worked for Gold Kist and later Southern States Cooperative before opening Federer Fertilizer eleven years ago at its current location on County Road 222, just outside of Good Hope. Originally, Melba Federer, and her husband, Joe, managed the business together. Today, their nephew, Greg, manages the store. Melba and Joe’s sisters, as well as a close family friend, are also employed at Federer.
Federer co-owner, Melba Federer, said, “Much like our business, Sanders is a very family-oriented company. Other than new Sanders branding and signage, customers shouldn’t notice much of a change at all in our operation. We will be able to provide more variety in the inventory and also offer better prices. This should be a good opportunity for our customers and for us.”
“Sanders is very pleased with the recent acquisition of this well-respected business and welcomes its staff to our family,” said Cole Gholston, area operations manager. “We have enjoyed an excellent working relationship with Federer Fertilizer for several years, and we are confident that the farmers it served so well will experience a smooth transition and continue to receive efficient, competitive and timely service.”
Coupled with the existing Sanders locations in Town Creek and Belle Mina, this will be Sanders’ third retail location in the immediate area offering custom fertilizer blends, seed and crop protection products, and award-winning precision agriculture services through Sanders’ proprietary OptiGro system. The new Cullman location will also continue to supply a wide variety of hardware and livestock products for their customers.
- Vermont lawmakers send GMO food-labeling law to governor
- China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
- Novozymes to open new R&D center in U.S.
- CLA participates in forum for ESA consultations for pesticides
- CHS partners to build fertilizer warehouse at Hamberg, N.D.
- Federal agencies, others dispute stover ethanol conclusion
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants