Photo contest launched FS InVision seed corn
A photography contest to raise awareness of the newly rebranded FS seed corn line as FS InVision was conducted throughout the Growmark/FS service territory of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Photos with the new logo placed in a variety of locations and then uploaded to the FS system Facebook earned monetary donations to state FFA associations. Growmark explained that the contest was to celebrate the re-branding and support the next generation of local Midwest growers. Entries were received from throughout the Midwest. The FS System made monetary donations to the Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin state FFA associations for each sighting uploaded.
An overall winning photograph judged to be the best in meeting the concept of introducing the rebranded seed was submitted by Shawn Kinkade of Piper City, Ill. Kinkade’s photograph showed the logo prominently displayed on a fertilizer storage tank at the Heritage FS facility near Herscher, Ill.
FS InVision is the new proprietary corn brand of the FS System, and exclusively available through FS member cooperatives.
“The FS InVision brand represents our commitment to bring innovation and a vision for the future in corn hybrids,” said Lance Ruppert, FS Seed sales and marketing manager. “We understand the importance of seed in delivering value to growers.”
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?