Photo contest launched FS InVision seed corn
A photography contest to raise awareness of the newly rebranded FS seed corn line as FS InVision was conducted throughout the Growmark/FS service territory of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Photos with the new logo placed in a variety of locations and then uploaded to the FS system Facebook earned monetary donations to state FFA associations. Growmark explained that the contest was to celebrate the re-branding and support the next generation of local Midwest growers. Entries were received from throughout the Midwest. The FS System made monetary donations to the Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin state FFA associations for each sighting uploaded.
An overall winning photograph judged to be the best in meeting the concept of introducing the rebranded seed was submitted by Shawn Kinkade of Piper City, Ill. Kinkade’s photograph showed the logo prominently displayed on a fertilizer storage tank at the Heritage FS facility near Herscher, Ill.
FS InVision is the new proprietary corn brand of the FS System, and exclusively available through FS member cooperatives.
“The FS InVision brand represents our commitment to bring innovation and a vision for the future in corn hybrids,” said Lance Ruppert, FS Seed sales and marketing manager. “We understand the importance of seed in delivering value to growers.”
- Precision Planting launches multi-hybrid planting system
- TIA Farm Tire Service training class offered
- Coolest fall temperatures to remain focused in Central U.S.
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday
- Livestock futures outperformed the crop markets Tuesday morning
- Iowa cover crops: Expected Hessian fly free dates
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease