Photo contest launched FS InVision seed corn
A photography contest to raise awareness of the newly rebranded FS seed corn line as FS InVision was conducted throughout the Growmark/FS service territory of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Photos with the new logo placed in a variety of locations and then uploaded to the FS system Facebook earned monetary donations to state FFA associations. Growmark explained that the contest was to celebrate the re-branding and support the next generation of local Midwest growers. Entries were received from throughout the Midwest. The FS System made monetary donations to the Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin state FFA associations for each sighting uploaded.
An overall winning photograph judged to be the best in meeting the concept of introducing the rebranded seed was submitted by Shawn Kinkade of Piper City, Ill. Kinkade’s photograph showed the logo prominently displayed on a fertilizer storage tank at the Heritage FS facility near Herscher, Ill.
FS InVision is the new proprietary corn brand of the FS System, and exclusively available through FS member cooperatives.
“The FS InVision brand represents our commitment to bring innovation and a vision for the future in corn hybrids,” said Lance Ruppert, FS Seed sales and marketing manager. “We understand the importance of seed in delivering value to growers.”
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- USDA invites public comments on climate report