PhaseRx signs technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto
PhaseRx, Inc., a privately held RNAi delivery technology company, announced that it has signed a funded technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto Company for PhaseRx's delivery technologies. Through the agreement, Monsanto will evaluate PhaseRx's SMARTT Polymer Technology for potential agricultural applications. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"This agreement with Monsanto represents PhaseRx's first project in the large and growing field of agriculture," said Robert Overell, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of PhaseRx, Inc. "It also helps further validate the breadth of PhaseRx platform capabilities beyond our primary focus applications."
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting