PhaseRx signs technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto
PhaseRx, Inc., a privately held RNAi delivery technology company, announced that it has signed a funded technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto Company for PhaseRx's delivery technologies. Through the agreement, Monsanto will evaluate PhaseRx's SMARTT Polymer Technology for potential agricultural applications. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"This agreement with Monsanto represents PhaseRx's first project in the large and growing field of agriculture," said Robert Overell, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of PhaseRx, Inc. "It also helps further validate the breadth of PhaseRx platform capabilities beyond our primary focus applications."
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals