PhaseRx signs technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto
PhaseRx, Inc., a privately held RNAi delivery technology company, announced that it has signed a funded technology evaluation agreement with Monsanto Company for PhaseRx's delivery technologies. Through the agreement, Monsanto will evaluate PhaseRx's SMARTT Polymer Technology for potential agricultural applications. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"This agreement with Monsanto represents PhaseRx's first project in the large and growing field of agriculture," said Robert Overell, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of PhaseRx, Inc. "It also helps further validate the breadth of PhaseRx platform capabilities beyond our primary focus applications."
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants