Peterson Farm Brothers: One year later
Peterson Farm Brothers | FacebookThe Peterson Farm Brothers It took less than a week for the Peterson brothers to shoot to Youtube stardom last year, taking the Internet and mainstream media by storm with their viral “I’m Farming and I Grow It” music parody.
Now, one year later, their hit parodies and information videos have been seen nearly 23 million times by people across the globe.
From rapping to taking on popular hits, these brothers – Greg, Nathan and Kendal –quickly became the faces of agriculture while igniting pro-farming dialogue among consumers.
“People kinda view farmers as unnecessary to their life — they just don’t think they’re relying on farmers. They just think that farmers are out ‘doing their thing.’ Farmers have to be knowledgeable about a lot of things,” Greg Peterson, the oldest of the trio, told USA Farm Stars. “You still spend tons of money on equipment and I think that people think that farmers are a lot more primitive than they really are. The perception is that farmers are not as smart or technologically savvy or don’t deal with money like everybody else … but that’s just not true.”
As for the public, the responses have been primarily overwhelming positive.
“Wonderful tribute to farming and family! Thanks for your devotion to the fertile arts and educating the public on your lifestyle,” one fan left on their “I’m Farming and I Grow It” Youtube page.
“All I can say is all of your video is absolutely brilliant. Please keep posting them as you guys can send other message to the future farmers,” another person commented on their latest “A Fresh Breath of Farm Air” parody.
Consumers aren’t the only ones who benefit from the brothers’ success. Their videos also act as a lesson to how to be successful while spreading a positive message about farming. Click here to read more from AdFarm’s “Around the Farm” blog, looking at the lessons others can use to make a successful “agvocating” video.
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody
- Peterson Brothers: What summer vacation?
- Peterson Brothers: Springtime on the farm
- Peterson brothers help promote Kansas agriculture
- Life of a Farmer: What spring break?
- Peterson brothers: Farmers don’t get snow days
- Peterson brothers begin new video series
- The Peterson brothers are back!
- Ranching music video goes viral
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report